How to Make Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookies with Video
You know fall has arrived when you see the coffee shops selling pumpkin spice lattes and have those colorful signs posted everywhere that says, “Pumpkin Spice Lattes are Back!” I just can’t figure out why they don’t sell pumpkin spice latte cookies because that would totally make our lives better! Don’t you think that would be a huge hit to go along with the delicious drink? I think they would make it to the top of people’s list of fall favorite “gotta have that” things. Is that a thing? If not, let’s work on it!
Supplies for Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookies:
(may contain affiliate links)
Gingerbread Cookie Recipe
Royal Icing Recipe
Whimsical Paper Latte Coffee Cup Cookie Cutter and Fondant Cutter
Royal Icing Colors:
All icing is 15-second icing. You can use Tipless Decorating Bags, Decorating Bottles, or Disposable Pastry Bags. If you use the disposable pastry bags, you’ll need couplers and #2 decorating tips. And you’ll need #2 decorating tips for the decorating bottles as well.
- Dark Tan
Airbrush System- Cookie Countess Airbrush System or Artfully Designed Creations Airbrush System
Here are your Airbrush Colors:
Americolor Amerimist Food Colors
Food Safe Marker
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookies Video:
Enjoy the video!
- Before you bake make these cookies you’ll need something like the little pumpkin candy to add in the center of the hot cup sleeve. You can see how I made mine here with this Pumpkin Royal Icing Decorations with a How to Video tutorial. Or you can buy something premade at a local store like Wal-Mart or a decorating supply store. I’ve even seen them at the grocery store, so find something you like and stick them on the cup sleeve.
- What kind of cookies are you going to make? If you need a good gingerbread cookie recipe, feel free to use mine.
- If you want an actual Pumpkin Spice Roll-Out Cookie Recipe, here is one from Mike at Semi-Sweet, Callye at Sweet Sugarbelle, or Glory at Glorious Treats. I haven’t made them yet, but I trust these bakers so I’m sure they’re delicious!
- Use a food-safe marker to draw the pattern on the cookies
- Outline the top and bottom of the cup with the orange royal icing.
- Flood them with the orange royal icing.
- Let it dry.
- Outline and flood the hot cup sleeve with the dark tan icing.
- Outline the lid with the white royal icing and flood the top of the cup.
- Let it dry.
- Flood the bottom of the cup with the white royal icing.
- Let it dry.
- This is one of those cookies where everything that could go wrong, did. See the hot cup sleeve? I guess there was some oil somewhere that came in contact with the royal icing and this is what happened. You know what? I kinda like it! I left it alone and I like the way it was after I airbrushed it.
- If you watch the video, you’ll see where I over flooded the lid. It’s okay because I stopped it from falling off the side. You can see how if you watch the video.
- But that’s not all that happened. When I tried to mix the blue sheen and the pearl sheen, it splattered all over the cookie and my table. Thank goodness most of the splatter went on the table instead of the cookie. I didn’t take the picture of it but it still looked good so I kept it.
- Glue the pumpkin candy decorations on the sleeve of the cup with a little royal icing and you’re all done. Or are you?
- You can airbrush the cups to give it more character. I like it better airbrushed but these cutters are so cute they’ll look adorable either way. You can see how to airbrush them in the video below.
Here are a few things I’d like to tell you about the airbrushing.
- Use the Amerimist Orange on the orange part of the cup.
- Use the Amerimist Warm Brown on the dark tan cup sleeve.
- Mix a little bit of Blue Sheen with the Pearl White to airbrush the white lid.
That’s it. Airbrushed or not, you need a few lattes in your life. Why not make some Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookies!
Are you all ready for Thanksgiving? Are you ready to eat some pumpkin things like pie, pumpkin bread, and a few pumpkin spice latte cookies? Do you have some special dessert you make each year? Does it have pumpkin or do you have another special gift you make? I’d love to hear about it!
Leave me a comment below and tell me about it!
These are absolutely adorable!!! Great Job!!!
I’ve noticed that cookie cutters come in different sizes. What size is the best to purchase?
I love the cutter and the size is up to you. I suggest you look at the cutters you are going to use with it and base your decision on those sizes. If you like smaller cutters Whisked Away Cutters sells 2″ x 1 1/16″ and if you like larger cutters she sells a 4″ x 3 1/8″ and several sized in between.
If you use smaller cutters, get a smaller size. If you use larger cutters, then get a bigger one. That’s how I decide what cutters to buy. No matter what size you get, I think you’ll enjoy it. 😉
Have fun baking!
Oh, my goodness! These are just *so* cute and thank you so much for the mention! I always love seeing what pops up in my email from your newsletter and got an even bigger smile on my face in seeing that you used our cutter! These really are adorable and I love the effect that the airbrushing gave them! As always, such wonderful cookies and thank you again for the kind mention!
Hey Lisa…! am also reads your posts but this is one of my favorite recipes. your pumpkin spice latte cookies looks most beautiful with beautiful color. i will trying to making this cookies. Thanks for sharing….!