How to Make Simple Heart Cookies with Beautiful Roses
Simple heart cookies with beautiful roses are some of my favorite to make because, well, they’re beautiful and straightforward. These are no exception and the shape of each heart cookie makes them unique. Last year when I was at Cookie Con did a little shopping. One of the cutters I found in the Kaleida Cuts booth was this amazing heart cookie cutter. I’m glad it was a heart because it stole my heart and I was in love. Not to mention she had a great bear cookie cutter that became part of my cookie-cutter family. Man, I love cookie cutters!
Sweet Sugarbelle also has some great heart-shaped cutters that I love using on wedding and birthday sets. You can use different sizes and shaped cutters for an amazing platter that will make your guests very happy. And they’ll make you happy because they’re super simple to make. Let’s get started.
(may contain affiliate links)
Royal Icing Colors:
- Whipped White- The Cookie Countess– Outline and flood consistency
- Red- The Cookie Countess Royal Red Velvet– Thick consistency.
- Green- The Cookie Countess Succulent Green with a touch of Totally Brown– Thick consistency.
- Brown- The Cookie Countess Totally Brown– Thick consistency.
The consistency of the royal icing is important to the success of these cookies. If your thick icing is too thin it will fall a little flat and make a rounded line. You may need to practice a little on a piece of parchment paper before you begin piping your cookies. Practice makes perfect so test it out before you begin the details.
Heart Cookies Video:
The video doesn’t show how I outlined and flooded the cookies because I was super excited to make the beautiful roses and forgot to record that step. If you want to know how to outline and flood you can see how to do it in my Hanging Mug Bunny Cookies Video and Tutorial. I thought you might like that video since Easter is on it’s way.
Cut Your Tipless Bags and Make Royal Icing Leaves:
- The leaves are super simple also. Add your royal icing to a tipless decorating bag and cut a “v” in the bottom. Be sure to cut a small “v” so your leaves will match the size of your roses.
Gotta Love Heart Cookies:
- Once you’ve cut the “v” position cuts to the sides so when you pipe the icing will make the leaves.
Let’s Make Some Heart Cookies:
- Add a little dot on your heart cookie.
- The swirl roses are easy so it doesn’t matter if you are new to cookie decorating or if you’ve been doing it for years because it’s simple. All you need to do is pipe a dot then add a swirl on the top.
- Now you’ve got some simple heart cookies with beautiful roses.
Birthday, Valentine’s Day, Wedding or Everyday:
It doesn’t matter what holiday or occasion you want to make cookies to celebrate because hearts will fit almost any platter. I hope you enjoy making a few because they’re so much fun!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
So cute. I opted put decorating the Valentines Day because I just didn’t want to deal with effort and mess. and just made pink cookies with chicken kisses. Now I wish I had made the effort. Thanks for your inspirations.
These heart cookies look delicious. I never get tired of baking so adding this to my favorites.