Make Simple Lemon Cookies in 2 Easy Steps
When I first started decorating cookies I spent hour upon hour looking online to find ideas for cookies. No matter where I looked or what I searched I always came across lemon cookies. They were beautiful and I wanted to make them from the first moment I saw them, but do you know what? I never made them. Sure I made a few whole lemon cookies to use in blog photos but never made slices or wedges. Well, I finally did it! I made a batch of simple lemon cookies and threw in a few limes just for fun!
I don’t know why I didn’t make them sooner, but I do know that I’ll make them again and again because they are cute. And fun. And lemon screams summer to me and I am so ready for summer!
Supplies for Simple Lemon Cookies:
(may contain affiliate links)
Lemon Cookie Cutter
- Begin by outlining the lemon cookie with the Lemon Yellow royal icing.
- Flood the cookies with the Lemon Yellow Icing.
See! Simple lemon cookies in 2 easy steps! It doesn’t get much easier than that.
- There might be one more step you need to take and that’s popping those pesky little air bubbles that get trapped in the icing and drive us insane.
- Use the turkey lacer to pop them and to push and smooth the royal icing into place.
- Let the cookies dry overnight.
If you want to make lemon slices and lemon wedges you will need a few more supplies:
Light Lemon Yellow Icing
Circle Cookie Cutter
- Outline a circle cookie with a thick line of the darker yellow icing.
- Flood the center of the cookie with the lighter yellow icing.
- While the icing is wet pipe a white line where the two yellows meet.
- Pipe the white lines in the center of the simple lemon cookie.
- Add the brown seeds and let the cookies dry overnight.
- To make the lemon wedges, just follow the steps for the lemon slice but make it on a half-circle cookie.
In case you want to see this cookie in action, here is a video just for you!
Are there any cookies that you have been wanting to make but never got around to it? I would love to hear about it!