Simple Valentine’s Cake
I needed a simple Valentine’s cake and I needed it fast. I didn’t want to make it from scratch or go all crazy with the design so chose to make a simple Valentine’s Cake with a few red cookie pops. It doesn’t get more simple than this.
Don’t you think that simple is the way to go on things like this? I mean with all the Valentine’s Day cards to fill out and all the love you share everyday why not choose to make a simple Valentine’s cake from a box mix with a few cookie pops. It tastes great and everyone will think you spent all day making it. Only you will know how simple it was.
Supplies for Simple Valentine’s Cake:
2 boxes Clasic White Pillsbury Cake Mix
2 Pillsbury Vanilla Frosting
3 Heart Sugar Cookies (Recipe)
15 Second Red Royal Icing (Recipe)
I purchased my Cake Stand at T.J. Max but, I also found one on line here if you are interested in purchasing one. It is a fun stand because you can change the ribbon for any occasion.
- First, bake the hearts on a stick like I did here.
- Then, outline and flood like in this video. Let the cookies dry overnight.
- Now for the cake. I used 2 cakes that I baked in 8″ Fat Daddio’s Cake Pan. I had some batter left over for a few cupcakes.
- Once the cake is baked, crumb coat it like Melissa from My Cake School did in this video.
- I could have mixed up a batch of icing but, I remember, I needed this cake really fast so I used icing from a can and I am not ashamed to admit it! I worked beautifully. To get that rustic shabby chic feel for this cake, I kinda followed Melissa’s decorating tutorial here but, I made figure 8’s and random swirls in the frosting. If you follow her tutorial your cake will look amazing!
- Next, add the cookies.
I only see one problem with this cake. Three cookies will NEVER be enough!
That is why I made a few extra! I like the top picture with the cookie sticks showing but, when I added the extra cookies, it needed a little something so I added some paper straws. I am addicted to them! It took a simple stick and made the Valentin’e Cake perfect.
Remember, you don’t have to be chained to your stove all day to make something with lovely with LOVE!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
so sweet, you made me a birthday cake! Love it and love love love those straws!
Beautiful cake – I love how the cookies on the top shine! This would be the perfect Valentine bouquet!
Gorgeous!! I love it, Lisa 🙂
The bright red and simple white palette is gorgeous! A great reminder that sometimes the simplest designs can be the prettiest!
This is so simple, and yet so pretty! I love that bright white frosting and the contrast of the red cookies on top.
This is just the cute idea! Love how you photographed it too!
I love all the hearts! Perfect!
This is so gorgeous!!
Dumb question: did you bake the cookies with the sticks already in them?
Yes I baked them on the stick. If you want to know how to do that, follow this link: http://www.sweetsugarbelle.com/blog/2012/10/tips-for-perfect-cookie-pops-with-the-bearfoot-baker/
Have a great day!
This is an adorable design! I really love the cake stand, too. Do you mind sharing where you bought it? Thank you for sharing!
I am glad you like the cake Michelle. I got the cake stand at T.J. Max but, I added a link in the post where you can get one at Amazon.
Thank you! But, I don’t see the link? I can search Amazon, if you give me any of the descriptive words I should use. Thanks again!
I don’t know how I missed this, this is a beautiful cake. I love simple!
I know I already commented on this cake, but again, I just love it! Infinitely adaptable for every holiday, birthday, you name it. So cool!