Adorable St. Patrick’s Day Gnome Cookies From a Santa Cutter
Do you want to make some adorable St. Patrick’s Day Gnome Cookies From a Santa Cutter? I hope so because I have a tutorial for you that is super simple and oh so fun!
(may contain affiliate links)
- Santa Cookie Cutter- Most Santa cookie utters will work for this cookie.
- Circle cookie cutter for the nose.
Royal Icing Colors:
- Flesh-Americolor Ivory
- Green- The Cookie Countess Forrest Green
- Orange- The Cookie Countess Outrageously Orange
- White- Americolor Bright White
- Tipless decorating bags
- Optional- PME #2 Decorating Tips
- Turkey Lacer
- Food-safe marker
- Shamrock Royal Icing Transfer– These aren’t the royal icing transfers I used for this project but they’ll work. I’ll post the ones I used for these cookies tomorrow. You can use either one you want.
- Fan to dry your cookies so they will have a nice shine.
Adorable St. Patrick’s Day Gnome Cookies Video:
Enjoy the video!
- Once you bake your Gnome cookies let them cool completely before you begin decorating.
- Draw the hatband with a food-safe marker.
- Outline the top of the hat with the green royal icing and flood it.
- Next, outline and flood the beard with the orange royal icing.
- Outline and flood the circle cookie with the ivory-colored royal icing.
- Let it dry for a few minutes in front of a fan.
- Pipe some lines on his beard. Start in the center where you’re going to place the nose. If the icing forms a large pile you can remove some of it before you add the nose.
- Outline and flood the hat band with the white royal icing.
- See the second photo? I removed some of the orange royal icing so the nose will sit nice and flat.
- Add the nose and use a boo-boo stick and turkey lacer to push the nose in place. Just be careful and don’t break it or smoosh the beard.
- While the icing is wet add the shamrock to the hat.
- Do you see where my white royal icing smeared on the green part of their hat? Let me show you how to fix it.
- You need to work fast and fix it while the icing is wet. If it dries this will not work.
- Use a damp brush gently remove the icing that is touching the green royal icing on the hat. You can see how it’s done in the video.
Guess what? You’re done! You now have a St. Patrick’s Day gnome cookie that you made with a Santa cookie cutter.
Stay tuned until tomorrow for some shamrock royal icing transfers. I have a few different sizes coming your way!