How to Make Simple Star Trek Cookies with Video
I normally don’t make Star Wars or Star Trek Cookies, but something has happened to me. It’s all I can think about right now. I wake up at night with ideas for Father’s Day or mens birthday cookies. I bet y’all are thinking I’d better get to work. I agree so hang on and let’s do this!
I’ll tell ya right now you don’t need any special cookie cutters for these cookies. All you need is a ruler and a pizza cutter. Just cut some long rectangles out of the cookie dough and bake them up, let them cool, and decorate those cute little Star Trek Cookies.
Supplies for Star Trek Cookies:
Sugar Cookie Recipe
Royal Icing Recipe
Americolor Soft Paste Food Gel Colors
- Super Black
- Super Red or Wilton No Taste Red
- Gold with a touch of Lemon Yellow
Americolor Amerimist Airbrush Colors found in the Student Kit:
- Chocolate Brown for the Red and Blue Star Trek Cookie Sticks
- Chocolate Brown with touch of Lemon Yellow for the Yellow Star Trek Cookie Sticks
- Super Black Black for the Black on the Star Trek Cookie Sticks
- Outline and flood the ends of the cookies with the black icing and let it dry for about 30 minutes or so.
- Sometimes when black icing dries it can look really dull. One way to bring it back to life is to give it a little CPR. Carefully spray the ends black once the icing has formed a crust. You can use a piece of parchment paper to cover the the body of the cookie so the airbrush color doesn’t spray every where.
- Can you see the difference in the last picture. Amazing isn’t it!
- Let the black icing dry overnight.
- Outline and flood the body of the Star Trek Cookies. You can make them the traditional Star Trek Colors like red, yellow and blue.
- Let them dry for at least 30 minutes.
- Once your cookies have dried a little, airbrush the edges of the red and blue cookies with the brown Airmist color. Mix a little of chocolate brown and lemon yellow to use on the yellow cookies. You can watch the video to see a little more about it.
- Next cut out a little weird triangle shape and use some black food gel color mixed with a little water to carefully paint around the shape.
- Paint inside the triangle.
- Let the cookies dry completely.
Heres the video I promised you. Hope you like it!
Okay, one set of “manly” cookies down. I have a few more I want to share with you so stayed tuned. I’ll do my best to keep it simple but come up with cute designs so you can impress your hubby, dad or boys.
Oh wait! What am I doing? My best friend is a girl and she LOVES Star Trek! So forget what I just said. It’s “Highly Illogical” to assume that only boys like these cookie. Make them for everyone you know!
Simple yet effective………..great job, Lisa!
These are so cute! Thanks for sharing 🙂