Want to Make a Super Easy Unicorn Cake
Want to Make a Super Easy Unicorn Cake? I don’t know how much easier it can get than making this cake. You’ll be surprised how simple this is. Trust me!
Supplies for a Super Easy Unicorn Cake:
(may contain affiliate links)
Cake from your local bakery
Frosting from your local bakery
Food Gel Colors of your choice
Decorating bag- tipless bags from Flour Box Bakery Tipless Disposable Icing Bags or Truly Mad Plastics Tipless Decorating Bags
1M Open Star Metal Tips– You’ll need one for each color of icing you use.
Start by asking yourself these questions:
- Cake Flavor
- Number of Servings
- Buttercream or Fondant
- When will the cake be ready for pick-up?
- Can I purchase additional frosting?
Keep in mind you’ll need a cake stand and knife. Can you think of anything else you’ll need? I think that about covers it.
- Divide the frosting into the different bowls and mix the colors you’ll need.
- Trim the tip off of the decorating bags and add the 1M Decorating Tip.
- Add the icing in the decorating bags.
- Place the cake on a turntable and you’re ready to get started!
- Make swirl roses with all the different colors of frosting you made. If your unicorn has any holes in between the swirl roses, you can use the 1M Start Tip to fill them. You can see how simple this is in the video below.
- Add the sprinkles to the unicorn cake and place some on the cake stand. Little details like a sprinkled cakestand will make it look like you spent all day making the cake.
I didn’t make a ton of photos for this cake but I do have a video below for you. As a blogger, I have two cameras and one broke. Sad. I sent it to Canon for repair and it should be here tomorrow. I have my fingers crossed that it will work like new so we can get back to making more videos and tutorials. If it doesn’t work like new, I’m going shopping for a new one so either way, we’ll have tutorials and photos of new sweet things soon.
Unicorn Cake Video:
Stayed tuned because we’re going to make ears, horns, and eyes next! Oh boy!
Awesome! Thank you for sharing! Brilliant.❤️❤️❤️
You’re welcome Christine! 😉
What a great idea, thanks for sharing. Have never heard your voice before, it’s so lovely.
Thank you Anjum! Can you tell I’m from the south? lol
I am a baker from India and I love the baking different type of cakes especially fondant cakes. I will try this super easy unicorn cake.
Can I tell you that you just saved my day! It’s early Saturday morning, T-minus 7 hours til party starts and I have WAY too much to do! I was searching online for tips for the Unicorn cake we’re making from scratch, when I found your blog! Buy the baked cake and decorate it at home!!! Genius! I feel like a moron! You saved me!
Then I’m a moron too! LOL Sometimes you need a fast way to do things, Brooke. It doesn’t make us anything but smart and creative! LOL