I did a guest post today for my friend Callye aka Sweet Sugar Belle. She was nice enough to let me show how I put cookies on a stick and cover them with the cute little paper straws. I know you don’t know this about me but I am a messy decorator! I have never once made a set of cookies on a stick without getting icing everywhere! I always get it on the stick! Every single time! I am so happy these cute little paper straws are available so I can hide my messiness!
- Light Gray Icing
- Dark Gray Icing
- White Icing
- Black Icing
- Small Black Sprinkles (Optional for eyes)
- Airbrush Gun
I chose to make these bats gray because I didn’t want to worry about the black icing tasting bad. To make them black, we are going to use an airbrush gun. I got mine at Karen’s Cookies and I love it. If you don’t have one, you can blend the black and gray icing together to get this effect.
- With the dark gray icing, outline the body of the bat by making jagged lines.
- Flood it in immediately.
- While the icing is still wet, use the light gray to add the inside of the ears.
- Bats don’t have bones in their wings but, use the light gray icing to outline the creepy non bone wing things!
- Let this dry for about 20 minutes.
Grab your airbrush gun and add a drop of the black color. You have to use airbrush colors that are made specifically for airbrushing. You can find them here.
- Set the airbrush machine on low.
- Hold the gun close to your cookie and ever so gently pull the trigger until you get a fine stream of black color.
- Outline the edge of the body with the black. Keep moving the brush. If you stop, you will get an ugly spot!
- Then, hold the gun farther away from the body and give it a very fine gentle spray.
- With the black icing and a small tip, make a line for the mouth.
- Next, with the white icing and a small tip, make fangs.
- With the dark gray icing, go over the the creepy non bone wing things again to give it a nice neat finished look.
- Let it dry.
Now all you have to do is add the cute paper straws. Click here for Tips for a Perfect Cookie Pop. If you want to know how to make the moon, come back for a quick tutorial tomorrow. You won’t believe how simple it is:)