Bat Cookies for Halloween
Halloween cookies are among my favorite cookies to make because they’re fun, colorful and you can really use your imagination to make things that you wouldn’t normally make. Take these bat cookies for example. I have made bat cookies many times but, never girl bats. I don’t know why I didn’t make them years ago but, I am glad I am making them now.
These simple bat cookies are really easy to make and if you use royal icing transfer eyes, edible apple blossom flowers, and some candy teeth, you’ll be amazed how fast you can make them because they’re easy.
Supplies for Bat Cookies:
15 Second Icing in the following colors in a piping bag fitted with #2 tip:
- Black Icing
- Purple Icing
- Pink Icing
- You may look at the girl bats and think they would be hard to make, but they aren’t. You just need to talk one step at a time and it’ll be simple.
- First, position your star cookie upside down so her feet will be at the bottom.
- With the black icing, follow the top two points to make the ears.
- Then, connect the ears with a half circle to make the head.
- Next, outline the body.
- Then, make each wing.
- Add the inside of the ears and two legs.
- See! When you do one step at a time, it is easy
- Next, flood the ears with the pink icing and the wings with the purple icing.
- Airbrush the edges of the purple wings with the purple airbrush color and the bottom edge of the ears with the pink airbrush color. It is important you use airbrush color instead of regular food gel colors because if you don’t, you might damage your airbrush gun. That would be really sad!
If you don’t have an airbrush gun, don’t worry. These bat cookies are cute even if they aren’t airbrushed. But, if you don’t have an airbrush gun and you want one, you can use code bearfoot15 at Karen’s Cookies to get 15% off until October 31, 2014. Remember, the code is good for the airbrush gun only.
- Flood the head with the black icing.
- Be careful not to cover the ears or the wings so the airbrush colors will show.
- Then, add the candy fangs. You can pipe the fangs if you want but, the chocolate covered sunflower seeds were cute, quick and simple.
- Next, add the eyes.
Adding an edible flower turned these regular bats in cute girly bat cookies that are ready for a girls night out!
Bat Cookies for Halloween:
Here is a little quick reference photo if you want to print it out so your kids can use it as a guide for decorating. I am all about getting the kids to help me make cookies. They love creating and I love watching their imaginations come to life!
More Halloween Treats: