Fox Cupcakes with a Simple How to Video
Have you ever seen a fox in the wild? They’re gorgeous creatures that are smart, agile and sly creatures that look at you as if they can see straight into your soul. I’ve had the pleasure of seeing a few and for a brief second, I’d forget they are wild because as you look at them, all you can see is their beauty. Well, I know fox cupcakes can never be as beautiful as a real fox but we sure can go wild eating them!
I know most people think they have to be a professional decorator or have wicked mad decorating skills to make cute cupcakes but that isn’t true. All you need is a decorating tip, good icing recipe and a little confidence. Before you know it you will be making fox cupcakes and all kinds of sweet treats you’ll be proud of.
Supplies for Fox Cupcakes:
Cupcake – Your favorite
Buttercream Frosting Recipe
Decorating Tip #234 – It’s easier if you have two of these tips. One for the white frosting and one for the orange.
4mm Black Pearls
Black Sixlet or Jelly Bean for the Nose
- Begin with a batch of your favorite cupcakes and let them cool completely.
- Make a batch of Buttercream Frosting.
- Place some frosting in a piping bag that has a #234 decorating tip.
- Tint some frosting a “Fox Orange” color. You can mix Electric Orange and a little Ivory with a tiny amount of Burgundy. Add a little at a time until you get the “Foxy Orange” color you want. If you add more color and get a weird orange you can always add a little more white frosting to tone it down.
- Place it in a piping bag with a #234 tip.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, add a little white frosting to the top and smooth it out. Don’t worry about making it perfect because it’ll be covered when you make the fox face.
- Those of you that know me know I love my turkey lacer. Reason 1,012 of why I love it is because you can use it to make a template on your cupcakes so you know where to pipe. Doing this will help keep your patterns even and uniform.
- Use the turkey lacer to mark the center of the cupcakes.
- Make another line where you want to pipe the “Fox Orange” color.
- With the white frosting pipe some ‘fur’ on the face of the fox.
- Hold the end of the tip close to the cupcake.
- Gently apply pressure to the decorating bag.
- As the frosting begins to fall, start to pull the bag away from the cupcake. If you pull straight up, the fur will look straight. If you pull to the left or the right, the fur will fall in that direction.
- When the fur is the length you want, stop applying pressure and give a quick tug on the bag. You can make your fox have long or short fur depending on how far you pull the bag before you stop applying pressure.
- Repeat until the white on the face is complete.
- Next, pipe the orange “Foxy Color” on the fox’s nose using the same technique as you did with the white frosting.
- Finish the face by piping the fur on the top of the head.
- Next, cut an Oreo into two triangles for the ears. You can see how to do this in the video below.
- Place the Oreo ears into the top of the head. The frosting should be enough to hold it in place. Just to be sure place them in at an angle.
- Cover most of the ears with the “Foxy Orange” colored icing.
- Add the eyes and the nose.
How to Make Fox Cupcakes Video:
Now you know how to make fox cupcakes and as you see they aren’t hard to make at all. You just need a good frosting recipe and a couple of decorating tips.
So if you could make any kind of cupcakes in the world what kind would you make?
- Fun Little Fox Cookies
- What Does the Fox Say
- Stone Cold Fox Cookies by Bake at 350°
- Sweet Sugar Belle Woodland Fox Cookies with a Guest Post from Clough’D 9 Cookies