Fox Cupcakes with a Simple How to Video
Have you ever seen a fox standing in a field? They’re gorgeous creatures that are smart, agile, and sly. When they look at you it’s as if they can see straight into your soul. I’ve had the pleasure of seeing a few and for a brief second, I’d forget they are wild because as you look at them, all you can see is their beauty. Well, I know fox cupcakes can never be as beautiful as a real fox but we sure can go wild eating them!
I know most people think they have to be a professional decorator or have wicked mad decorating skills to make cute cupcakes but that isn’t true. All you need is a decorating tip, good icing recipe, and a little confidence, and before you know it you will be making fox cupcakes and all kinds of sweet treats you’ll be proud of.
Supplies for Fox Cupcakes:
Cupcake – Your favorite
Buttercream Frosting Recipe
Americolor Soft Gel Paste Food Colors in the Following Colors:
Decorating Tip #234 – It’s easier if you have two of these tips so keep that in mind as you’re looking for supplies. One is for the white frosting and one for the orange frosting.
4mm Black Pearls
Black Sixlet or Jelly Bean for the Nose
How to Make Simple Fox Cupcake Video:
- Begin by baking a batch of your favorite cupcakes so you know you have a recipe you’ll love.
- Let them cool completely.
- Next, make a batch of Buttercream Frosting.
- Place some frosting in a piping bag that has a #234 decorating tip so you’ll be ready to decorate.
- Tint some frosting a “Fox Orange” color. You can mix Electric Orange and a little Ivory with a tiny amount of Burgundy. Add a little at a time until you get the “Foxy Orange” color you want. If you add more color and get a weird orange you can always add a little more white frosting to tone it down so it will make a nice foxy orange color.
- Place it in a piping bag with a #234 tip.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, add a little white frosting to the top and smooth it out. Don’t worry about making it perfect because it’ll be covered when you make the fox face.
- You all know how much I love my turkey lacer. Reason 1,012 of why I love it is because you can use it to make a template on your cupcakes so you know where to pipe. Doing this will help keep your patterns even and uniform.
- Use the turkey lacer to mark the center of the cupcakes.
- Make another line where you want to pipe the “Fox Orange” color.
- With the white frosting pipe some ‘fur’ on the face of the fox.
- Hold the end of the tip close to the cupcake.
- Gently apply pressure to the decorating bag.
- As the frosting begins to fall, start to pull the bag away from the cupcake. If you pull straight up, the fur will look straight. If you pull to the left or the right, the fur will fall in that direction.
- When the fur is the length you want, stop applying pressure, and give a quick tug on the bag. You can make your fox have long or short fur depending on how far you pull the bag before you stop applying pressure.
- Repeat until the white on the face is complete.
- Next, pipe the orange “Foxy Color” on the fox’s nose using the same technique as you did with the white frosting.
- Finish the face by piping the fur on the top of the head.
- Next, cut an Oreo into two triangles for the ears. You can see how to do this in the video below.
- Place the Oreo ears into the top of the head and the frosting should be enough to hold them in place. Just to be sure place them in at an angle so they’ll have a little support from the cupcake.
- Cover most of the ears with the “Foxy Orange” colored icing but leave the tip uncovered so it’ll look like an actual fox.
- Add the eyes and the nose so they can see and smell.
So as you can see, fox cupcakes aren’t hard to make so grab some decorating tips and some good frosting and make a few fun fox cupcakes.
So if you could make any kind of cupcakes in the world what kind would you make?
- Fun Little Fox Cookies
- What Does the Fox Say
- Stone Cold Fox Cookies by Bake at 350°
- Sweet Sugar Belle Woodland Fox Cookies with a Guest Post from Clough’D 9 Cookies
Adorable and clever!
You are a creative genius…”clever like a fox” 🙂
Since Halloween is just around the corner and it would not be Halloween if I didn’t make my kiddos some form of weird, scary, or strange treats, I would like to make a rat face cupcake.
Now that you’ve shown us how to make a fox, I think I could possibly transform Mr. Fox into Mr. Rat.
Thank you for sharing!
Seriously, you ARE a creative genius!
Oh goodness, these little fox cupcakes are too cute.
These are SO adorable! Can’t wait to try these for my friends birthday in July. She’s a fox freak 🙂 I’ll let you know how they come out! Thanks so much for an adorable idea!
We recently found out that we will be grandparents again in December…..YAY!!!!! My daughter told me she wants her “gender reveal” done in woodland Creatures, mainly the foxes. I’m so glad I found this!!! I think I should be able to add the pink or blue sprinkles (depending on gender), to the inside of the cupcakes. So glad I found this! Thanks AGAIN!!! ??
What size pearls did you use for the nose?
I used Sixlets from Walmart. Here is a link so you can see what I used:
Or you can use a Jelly Bean. 😉
I love doing it! Great idea!!! Thank you!