How to Make Simple Grape Cookies with a Video
Have you ever taken two tutorials and turned them into one cookie idea? Meaghan at The Decorated Cookie did a tutorial on How to Make Grape Cookies for Wine Club and I fell in love. She didn’t use a typical grape cookie cutter. Instead, she used several circle cookies that were decorated with green and purple royal icing and then stacked them to look like a cluster that’s just been picked from the vine. Meaghan didn’t stop there. She topped them off with a stem and sanding sugar which make them the cutest grape cookies ever!
A few days ago I used Sweet Sugarbelle’s Cookie Stamps-How to Make Lemons Cookies with a Video. You basically color the cookie dough, cut out the cookie shape, and use a stamp to press the pattern onto the cookie. It’s a lot of fun and helps make decorating simple.
If you take Meaghan’s grape cookie tutorial and Callye’s stamp set idea, you can use parts of both tutorials to make your own fun grape cookies.
Supplies for Simple Grape Cookies:
(may contain affiliate links)
Knife to Cut Grape Stem
For the grape stems:
- Begin by cutting out a few shapes that will look like the stem from the grapes.
- Bake according to the recipe directions and let them cool completely before you begin to decorate.
- Outline the stems with brown icing.
- Flood them with the brown icing and let them dry completely.
For the grape cookies:
If you want to know how to color cookie dough you can follow my How to Color Cookie Dough tutorial.
- Once you make the cookie dough, use Sugarbelle’s Cookie Dough Dye to make green and purple dough.
- Roll and cut out the shapes and bake according to the recipe directions.
- Let them cool completely before you decorate.
- Outline and flood the green cookies with the green royal icing.
- Sprinkle with the green sanding sugar while the icing is wet.
- Shake off the excess sugar and repeat until you have all the green grape cookies your heart desires.
- Repeat the process for the purple grape cookies.
- Let them dry completely.
Simple Grape Cookies Video
Here’s a little grape cookies video for you!
Circle cookies make great cookie platters because you can stack them to look like a lot of different things. Meaghan stacked them so they’d look like a bunch of grapes. If you been hanging around the blog for a while you might have seen my How to Make an Easy Pizza Cookie Platter or my Watermelon Cookie Platter with Video which are all made from circle cookies. Now that Sugarbelle is offering the dough dye the possibilities for cute cookies are endless.
What cookie tutorials are you going to use to make your own unique cookies?