How To Make Waffle Valentine’s Cookies
Are you ready for Valentine’s Day? I really like how everyone can take a simple cookie and turn it into an adorable love cookie. How To Make Waffle Valentine’s Cookies is a good example of how to turn breakfast into something everyone will love. The good news is you don’t need special cookie cutters to make a special cookie for your loved one.
How To Make Waffle Valentine’s Cookies
(may contain affiliate links)
Royal Icing Colors:
I usually use 15-Second royal icing consistency, but this time I used a tick ivory colored royal icing to outline and a thin royal icing to paint the flood inside the squares. The thick royal icing is placed in an Ateco Decorating bag fitted with a PME 2.5 decorating tip. The flood consistency is placed in a disposable decorating bag.
Waffle Royal Icing Color- Americolor Ivory, Lemon Yellow, and a very small amount of Chocolate Brown- mix a little of each until you get the color you desire.
Disposable Decorating Bags- Flour Box Bakery or Truly Mad Plastics
Ateco Disposable Decorating Bag or you can use Decorating Bottles (I personally prefer using the decorating bags because it gives me more control on how much pressure I use to control the royal icing. Use whatever makes you comfortable.)
PME 2.5″ Decorating Tip
Black fondant- You can make your own with this Small Marshmallow Fondant Recipe or you can buy premade ready to roll at the store such as Renshaw or Satin Ice. For a small project such as this, a small premade fondant will work well. Just be sure to buy black ready to roll.
Royal Icing Candy and Free Templates:
(Make these a few days ahead of time because they’ll need time to dry. Or you can buy them at a local store that sells cake supplies like Wal-Mart.)
Flower Template-Edible Apple Blossom Flower & Video
Candy Eyes- Here is the templates or you can buy eyes at Wal-Mart or a cake supply place. If you want the tutorial and video you can find it here at Candy Eyes & Video and Templates
There is a lot of information in the supply list, but I wanted to make sure to answer any questions you may have. You probably have most of the tools in your kitchen so don’t panic. The only thing I would recommend is to make the Candy Eyes and the Apple Blossoms ahead of time so they will dry. Other than that, have fun!
- Begin by making the square cookies. Like I mentioned in the supply list, make any size you want.
- Outline the waffle cookies with the thick royal icing and a 2.5″ tip.
- You want to make the cookie look like a waffle.
- Now for the fun part. Pipe a second line on top of the lines you just made. You want to make this line tick so when you add the thin royal icing you can tell it’s a waffle.
- Let this dry completely.
- Pipe a little of the thin royal icing in each waffle square.
- Use the paintbrush to spread the royal icing and fill inside the square and cover the outlines you piped. This doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Next, fill in two holes for the eyes.
- Place the eyes on your cute little waffle cookie.
- Add a little royal icing and place the cheeks and the Apple Blossom on the girl and the cheeks on the boy.
- Take a small piece of black fondant and roll it out to look like a mouth. Glue it in place with the icing.
- Let it dry completely.
- Seriously, this is a simple and sweet cookie. Once you have the eyes, cheeks, and flower made, it’s almost no work at all.
How To Make Waffle Valentine’s Cookies Video
If you like videos here is one on how to make these adorable little waffle Valentine’s cookies.
I’m not sure what’s happened to me, but ever since I made these How to Make Wonderful Waffle Cookies with a Video, I’ve been a fan. It doesn’t matter if they’re cookies, waffles or a waffle card, I like them! Do you like waffles? What about waffle cookies? I think we should eat some waffles and waffle cookies Valentine’s day. Are you with me?