How To Make Waffle Valentine’s Cookies
Are you ready for Valentine’s Day because our kiddos are ready? I really like how everyone can make a simple cookie shape and turn it into an adorable love cookie. How To Make Waffle Valentine’s Cookies is a good example of how to turn breakfast into something everyone will love. The good news is you don’t need special cookie cutters to make a cookie for your loved ones because a square cookie cutter will work.
How To Make Waffle Valentine’s Cookies
(may contain affiliate links)
Royal Icing Colors:
I usually use 15-Second royal icing consistency, but this time I used a tick ivory-colored royal icing to outline and a thin royal icing to paint the flood inside the squares. The thick royal icing is placed in an Ateco Decorating bag fitted with a PME 2.5 decorating tip. The flood consistency is placed in a disposable decorating bag.
Waffle Royal Icing Color- Americolor Ivory, Lemon Yellow, and a very small amount of Chocolate Brown- mix a little of each until you get the color you desire.
Disposable Decorating Bags- Flour Box Bakery or Truly Mad Plastics
Ateco Disposable Decorating Bag or you can use Decorating Bottles (I personally prefer using the decorating bags because it gives me more control over how much pressure I use. Use whatever makes you comfortable because these are your cookies.)
PME 2.5″ Decorating Tip
Black fondant- You can make your own with this Small Marshmallow Fondant Recipe or you can buy premade ready to roll at the store such as Renshaw or Satin Ice. For a small project such as this, a small premade fondant will work well just be sure to buy black ready to roll.
Royal Icing Candy and Free Templates:
(Make these a few days ahead of time because they’ll need time to dry. Or you can buy them at a local store that sells cake supplies like Wal-Mart.)
Flower Template-Edible Apple Blossom Flower & Video
Candy Eyes- Here is the templates or you can buy eyes at Wal-Mart or a cake supply place. If you want the tutorial and video you can find it here at Candy Eyes & Video and Templates
There is a lot of information on the supply list, but I wanted to make sure to answer any questions you may have. You probably have most of the tools in your kitchen so don’t panic. The only thing I would recommend is to make the Candy Eyes and the Apple Blossoms ahead of time so they will dry. Other than that, have fun!
How to Make Valentine’s Day Waffle Cookies Video:
- Begin by making the square cookies.
- Outline the waffle cookies with the thick royal icing and a 2.5″ tip.
- Outline the edge of the square and make lines in the middle because you need to make the cookie look like a waffle.
- Pipe a second line on top of the lines you just made. You want to make this line tick so when you add the thin royal icing you can tell it’s a waffle.
- Let this dry completely.
- Pipe a little of the thin royal icing in each waffle square.
- Use the paintbrush to spread the royal icing inside each square and cover the lines because this will help it look like a real waffle.
- Next, fill in two holes for the eyes.
- Place the eyes on your cute little waffle cookie because every waffle cookie needs eyes.
- Are you ready to make them super cute because the eyes and apple blossom will do the trick!
- Add a little royal icing and place the cheeks and the Apple Blossom on the girl and the cheeks on the boy.
- Take a small piece of black fondant and roll it out to look like a mouth because the fondant will work better than royal icing. Use the royal icing to glue it in place.
- Let it dry completely.
- Once you have the eyes, cheeks, and flowers made, it’s almost no work at all.
I’m not sure what’s happened to me, but ever since I made these How to Make Wonderful Waffle Cookies with a Video, I’ve been a fan. It doesn’t matter if they’re cookies, waffles or a waffle card, because I like them all! Do you like waffle cookies and frozen waffles because I think we should eat both on Valentine’s Day? Are you with me?