Bluebird Royal Icing Transfers with Free Pattern
I finally did it! I made more royal icing transfers. Bluebird royal icing transfers to be exact. Do you want to know something? They look great as little bluebirds but they also look great if you make them with red icing.
See! I bet yellow and orange birds would look good also. Or maybe green or purple. You know what? I want to make some kind of deal where I show you my red and bluebirds and you show me the colors you make. How does that sound? Just tag me on Facebook or #thebearfootbaker on Instagram or send me an email. I would love to see them!
Blue Bird Royal Icing Transfers
(may contain affiliate links)
FREE Bluebird Templates:
- Small Bluebird Royal Icing Template
- Medium Bluebird Royal Icing Transfers | The Bearfoot Baker
- Large Bluebird Royal Icing Transfers | The Bearfoot Baker
- Wax Paper
- Thick Royal Icing in the color(s) of your choice
- Decorating tip #6, #8 or #10
- Yellow Icing for the beak
- Black Nonpareil Sprinkles. Or you can use a drop of black icing if you prefer.
- Tape to Secure the Pattern and Tape
Prepare your template:
- Print the pattern and tape it to a flat surface like the back of a baking sheet, cutting board, or a piece of foam board.
- Next, cover it with a piece of wax paper and tape it in place. Make sure it doesn’t have wrinkles so you can see your bluebird pattern.
Time to decorate:
- Then, make the birds by piping a dot inside the pattern and let the icing build up a little so it will have a nice round head.
- As you pull the tip to one side release pressure and end with a quick little pull so it’ll make a nice teardrop shape.
- If you do it right it’ll have a little tail, but as you can see not all of mine do. That’s alright because I think they are cute with our without the tip of the tail.
- While they are wet add the nonpareil for the eye.
- And don’t forget the beak. One little yellow dot is all you need to make your cute little birds.
- As you can see these are not all perfect and fit within the template, but that is alright. I wanted things to go fast and wasn’t so worried about being perfect. When you pipe teardrops with thick icing they are going to look a little different, but if you want them to look exactly alike you can use 15-second icing and use the template to make them precise.
I think they would be cute as kissing birds sitting on a tree branch, so print the pattern for the one facing left, and the one facing right. Won’t these be cute for Valentine’s Day?
More cute bird goodies:
Pretty Blue Bird Cookies
Blue Birds by Cookies with Character
Jordan Almond Blue Birds by Sweet Sugar Belle
Blue Bird Cookie Bouquet
These tiny birds are THE CUTEST! Thank you for sharing, Lisa❤️
Hey Tricia! Just so you know, I miss you!!
Absolutely darling Lisa! Thank You!
Oh Kim! I hope you are ready for more royal icing transfers. I am making them like crazy! Lots of holiday transfers on the kitchen table drying! Can’t wait to share them with you!
I love that talented artists like yourself are so willing to share… Thank you from a beginner!
I agree! The artists in this round up are amazing!!
I hope you will add your cookies next time! I love all cookie decoraters equal! It doesn’t matter if it is your first batch or if you have made one million batches. I want everyone to join in! 😉
You make it look so easy! Thank you for the inspiration! And for the template.
You are very welcome Karyn! I have more planned so stay tuned. 😉
Thank you for being so generous and sharing your knowledge with us. I’m learning so much from you, I hope to be half as good some day. Love your templates.
Oh my goodness Annette! If I can make cookies, anyone can make cookies! LOL Just use my email address if you ever have a question. I am here to help!
These are adorable!!
Did you ever get a chance to make a “flip flop” template?
I love your work!
Mary Ellen! I totally forgot but I am on it right now! I will post it this week. So sorry about that. My thyroid brain doesn’t work most of the time! LOL
Thanks so much! I am addicted to your site!!!
Thank you so much for these templates…..now to make a next. LOL
I meant nest…..autocorrect wanting to chime in.