Chocolate Chip Cookies from a Cake Mix Recipe
Do you like chocolate chip cookies? If so, here are the chocolate chip cookies from a cake mix recipe that’s just for you! It’s super simple and only has four ingredients so no worries about the difficulty level. How do I know they’re good? Because every time I make them they disappear in a matter of minutes. Sometimes I only get a crumb from the bottom of the plate.
Trust me, your family and friends are going to love these and so will you because the recipe is super simple! In case you’re looking for another chocolate chip cookie recipe here is my Simple Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. I like it a lot, but this one is much easier to make with less cleanup. I hope you give it a try.
Chocolate Chip Cookie from a Cake Mix Recipe Video:
Enjoy the video!
Let’s get started:
(may contain affiliate links)
- You’ll need a box of 15-ounce white or yellow cake mix to make these cookies.
- 2 eggs (can you see both of them in the photo? One is camera shy and it’s hiding. Poor thing.)
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups of Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chips or you can use more if you like chocolate chips in your cookies.
Did you see the Friends episode where Monica and Phoebe were trying to make Phoebe’s grandmother’s chocolate chip recipe? Monica made what seemed like a million different chocolate chip cookie recipes without success. So not to spoil things but it ended up being the Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Recipe. That episode cracks me up!
Enough about Monica and Phoebe because it’s time to get get back to our cake mix cookie recipe.
- This recipe is so simple and it will make your house smell amazing! Be warned because these cookies are like magic and they’ll disappear in a heartbeat!
- Begin by placing the cake mix in a bowl.
- Add the eggs and oil and mix.
- I like using a handheld mixer, but you can use whatever mixer you prefer.
- Next, add the chocolate chips. I’ll be honest, I usually use the entire bag of the Nestle Toll House chips because they’re delicious and they won’t hurt a thing. Maybe that is why the cookies are so good and disappear so quickly.
- Place the cookies on a lined baking sheet. I love this Mesh Non-Stick Baking Mat from The Cookie Countess and I use it for my sugar cookies and for other cookie recipes. It works like a dream and your cookies won’t stick. I think I have five of them and I need a few more for those days I bake a massive amount of cookies. You know what I’m talking about.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes. I like to remove them before they start to turn brown on the edges.
- Let them cool and enjoy.
These cookies are super simple and everyone will beg you to make them. I hope you do because they are delicious and oh so easy!
Here is your recipe!
Chocolate Chip Cookies from a Cake Mix
- 15 oz box yellow cake mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1.5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or you can use more if you love chocolate chips.
- Add yellow cake mix, eggs, and oil to a mixing bowl.
- Mix to combine.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Drop a spoonful of batter onto a cookie sheet (this recipe yields 22-25 large cookies).
- If you want a little more chocolate you can sprinkle the tops of the warm cookies with additional chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes until the edges start to turn brown. If you like them softer removed them before they start turning brown. It's up to you.
- Transfer cookies immediately to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
(Oh my goodness! I forgot to add the 2 eggs to the recipe! I’m so sorry!) The recipe is correct now so please forgive me. Despite my sad little memory you need to try these cookies because they’re amazing!
I hope you enjoy your cookies and actually get to eat one. You might want to set one aside after you pull them out of the oven so you’ll be sure to get one. They’ll disappear quick, fast, and in a hurry!