Simple Snowman Cookies with a Cute Little Scarf
Sometimes simple is more when you decorate sugar cookies. Look at these simple snowman cookies with a cute little scarf. They don’t have a lot of decorations, but they’re adorable.
The best part is you only need a small amount of black royal icing and two colors for the snowman and the scarf.
Are you ready to make them? Let’s get started.
- Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Royal Icing Recipe
- Any snowman cookie cutter will work for this tutorial.
Royal Icing Colors:
Simple Snowman Cookies with a Cute Little Scarf Video:
Enjoy the video!
Let’s make this simple snowman cookie!
- Begin outlining the snowman cookie with 15-Second Consistency white royal icing.
- Next, flood the simple snowman cookie.
- Use a turkey lacer, boo boo stick. or toothpick to spread the icing evenly on the cookie and to pop any air bubbles.
- Let the cookie dry for a few hours before you add the scarf.
Time for the scarf and face.
- Add a scarf with thick royal icing consistency. You can use any color scarf you want for your simple snowman cookie. I like orange because I could use it on his scarf and nose without making another royal icing color.
- If you’d like to make your scarf look like the wrinkled fabric cut a small piece of parchment paper.
- Wrinkle it and place it on the wet royal icing scarf.
- Gently pat it into place.
- Don’t press it hard because you can damage the white royal icing on the snowman.
- Let the icing under the parchment paper dry completely before you remove it.
- Pipe an orange carrot nose on his cute little face.
- Add two black dots of royal icing for the eyes.
Is the scarf dry yet?
- Once the scarf is dry gently remove the parchment paper. It’s easy to remove but go slow and gently lif it off the snowman.
WOW! That looks like a fabric scarf! Isn’t this little guy cute? It goes to show you can make a large number of sugar cookies without having to do a lot of details on each cookie. Less really is more on these cute simple snowman cookies.