How to Make These Happy Little Mermaid Cookies
A few weeks ago I had someone ask me to make little mermaid cookies for them. I don’t have a mermaid cutter so I turned to Google to see if I could purchase one. I really didn’t see any that I liked enough to order. Thinking back, I have seen people use fish cookie cutters to make them, but I wanted to use a different cookie cutter. I found Karen’s Cookies the girl cookie cutter that I found in my big box of cookie cutters. All I had to do was trim the bottom sides of the dress and it worked beautifully!
Supplies for Mermaid Cookies:
Girl Cookie Cutter from Karen’s Cookies
- 15 Second Icing in the following colors:
- Red Icing
- Green Icing
- Flesh Colored Icing- (Mix a little AmeriColor Ivory with a very little amount of AmeriColor Chocolate Brown)
- White Icing
4mm Edible Pearls
Food Safe Edible Markers
Royal Icing Apple Blossom Flower -(Make it several days before you make the mermaid cookies.)
Pink Petal Dust
Before you bake the cookies, trim the bottom ends of the dress off so the cookie will look like a mermaid tail instead of a girl in a dress. Then, bake them according to your recipe.
- Begin by drawing the pattern onto the mermaid cookie. Use an edible marker with a light color such as yellow so it won’t bleed into the icing.
- Next, outline and flood the tail of the mermaid.
- While the icing is wet, pipe three or four lines across the tail. Then, pull a toothpick through the icing to make the tail look like it has fins.
- Let it dry overnight.
- Next, outline and flood the body area with the flesh colored icing.
- While the icing is wet, add two of the 4mm edible pearls for the eyes.
- Let it dry completely.
- Next, outline and flood the hair with red icing.
- Flood the chest area with the green icing.
- Add a little icing to the back of the flower and place it on her hands.
- Let it dry completely.
Simple little mermaid cookies don’t have to be hard to make and you don’t have to buy fancy cookie cutters. Look around your cookie cutter supply box and I am sure you will find a few cutters that will make a really cute little mermaid cookie. Look at this fish cookie cutter Sweet Sugar Belle used for her mermaid. Once you find the right cookie cutter, you can add a few cute mermaid tails like LilaLoa made.
Here are some more fun beach cookies for you to enjoy:
Puffer Fish Cookies
You’re so clever, and these are so cute, Lisa!
You are the clever one Sue! I just saw your ‘One Smart Cookie Cake’ and your ‘Cactus Cookies!’ They are so cute! I pinned them both!!
Thanks Anne! 😉
THIS IS SO AWESOME THIS LOOKS GOOD