Valentine Cookies -I Love You Watts
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. Can you believe it? I can’t but, since I can’t slow down time, I decided to make cookies to share with you today. These “I love you watts Valentine Cookies” are cute and simple to make.
I seriously love the ribbon rose on the girl light bulb. It is an easy way to add some personality without a lot of work. I wanted to do something special for the guy light bulb but I am saving it for the end of this tutorial. Hehe
Supplies for Valentine Cookies -I Love You Watts:
Light Bulb Cookie Cutter
Royal Icing Recipe here or a half a batch of royal icing recipe here.
15 Second white and gray icing in a piping bag fitted with a #2.5 PME tip. (You can use a #2 or #3 tip. Whatever works for you)
Pink Royal Icing Transfers (I re-sized and used this eye template on the copy machine and piped them with 15 second pink icing)
4mm Black Edible Pearls
Black Food Color Gel to paint mouth and eyebrows
#10/0 Script Liner Paint Brush
There are really easy to make as you can see.
- Outline the top of the light bulb with white icing. Outline the base the with the grey icing. For more information on outlining and flooding cookies you can watch this how to outline and flood cookies video.
- Flood the top of the light bulb with the white icing and add the edible pearl beads for the eyes, the ribbon rose to the girl, and the pink transfers cheeks while the icing is wet.
- Flood every other section of the screw cap with the gray icing. Let it dry overnight. If you have trouble with the icing bleeding (colors running together) then don’t flood the closest one to the white icing. Skip it and start with the second groove.
- Flood the remaining screw caps gray.
- With the 10/0 Script Liner brush, paint on the smile and the eyebrows with a touch of black food color gel mixed with a little water. Click here to see a “How to paint on a cookie video.”
OK. I told you I wanted to give the boy light bulb some personality. Well here goes…
How do you like the mustache that hangs off the cookie? It is a royal icing transfer you can make. Google a mustache online and pick the one you like best. Print it and use it to make some royal icing transfers. If you want to know how to make royal icing transfers, click here. I will make some mustache templates for you soon.
For more cute and simple Valentine Cookies you can follow the links below.
- I’d Snap at the Chance to Be Your Valentine
- 50+ Ways to say, “Happy Valentine’s Day” by Sweet Sugar Belle
- 5 Simple and Cute Valentine’s Ideas by Bake at 350
- I Mustache You for a Kiss
- We’re the Perfect Blend
Too darn cute!!! My guess was a smooch on his cheek but I like the mustache too!!! Nice way to keep us guessing:) –Katy
You are one of the best bakers. You make things look easy.
I just made your recipe of soft pretzels and they are great success.
Thank you Lisa.
You know how much I love these cookies??? MEGA watts! 🙂
Oh my gosh, they are TOO CUTE, Lisa!
So funny, immediately I thought, “Ohhh! I just love that ribbon rose on the girl!”… and then I read your post which says exactly the same thing! lol. She must be universally adorable with her pretty rose 🙂
These are adorable! I have a light bulb cookie cutter that I have never used, wish I would have seen this before I cut all my cookie orders!
Your pictures are always so bright and pretty…do you use a light box? I wish I could get these results!
You always come up with the cutest ideas, Lisa! Love these!
It’s impossible to look at a light bulb with a mustache and not smile! So cute, Lisa!
So cute!! Love the filament smiles on these light bulbs!! The rose and ‘stache are nice touches. 🙂
Happy Valentine’s day to you. These are so cute! You always come up with such creative and amazing ideas. I am going to sound repetitive but you really are a GENIUS!
Super super cute!!