I couldn’t stand it any longer! I had to do a fall post or I was going to bust! I thought I would start with cupcake poppers. One of my favorite things to do in the fall is walking around the pumpkin patch looking for the perfect pumpkins to take home with me. Well, it is to early to head to the pumpkin patch but, I can get my pumpkin kicks with these little pumpkin patch cupcake poppers.
I got the idea for these on the front of the Betty Crocker Box vanilla cake box. There was a picture of cute colorful little cupcake poppers and my mind went immediately to pumpkins. The interesting thing about these is I had another idea for the bottom of the cupcakes. I don’t like throwing anything away so I was stacking the cupcake bottoms together and my brain saw these…
Supplies for Pumpkin Patch Cupcake Poppers:
White Cake Mix
Orange AmeriColor Gel
Royal Icing Transfer Eyes
Green Thick Icing with Tip #352 (Leaf Tip)
Tic TacBake the cupcakes according to the directions on the box. You can make mini cupcakes or regular sized cupcakes like I did. Add some orange AmeriColor until you get the shade you want before you fill the cupcake papers. Here is the Betty Crocker how to video on how to make the cupcake poppers. I also baked them in cute grease proof papers from Bakers Stock. The plan was to cut the tops off and add frosting to the bottoms in hopes no one would notice the missing tops. But, the plan changed to jack-o’-lanterns.
It is a good time to tint the frosting while the cupcakes are baking. Add orange AmeriColor to the frosting until you get a shade you like.
- Try to match up the sizes of the tops. No matter how hard you try, some of them will be bigger than the others.
- Place them in the freezer for a few minutes before you put them together. Mine were a bit sticky and the freezer helped.
- First, put the cupcake bottoms together with the frosting you tinted orange.
- Then, add a Tootsie Roll in the top for the stem.
- Next, use the leftover frosting to add the teeth and the Royal Transfer Eyes.
- With the green icing, add two leaves to each top.
Here are some other fun Fall cupcakes for you to make for your little spooks this Fall:
Land O Lakes Halloween Hoot Owls
Taste of Home Cream-Filled Pumpkin Cupcakes Recipe