I love to scare people but, I don’t like to be scared. I know, it is kinda mean to scare someone and not like them to get even with you. One of the worst scares I have had in my life was by a cat. A big ole bobcat! I wanted to make Scard-E Cat Cookies as a reminder to not sneak around by myself at night. I will tell you my story.
I was working really late one night at the camp office and I heard something outside. It was about 3 am and I thought it was someone from our staff but, when I went outside, I accidentally walked up on a bobcat! I scared it half to death and it scared me half to death! It jumped and ran one way and I jumped and ran the other way. I have NEVER been that scared before and hope I am never that scared again!
Supplies for Scared-E Cat Cookies:
I love making cat cookies that stand up and it is very simple to do. You make these Ant Cookies. Look around at your cookie cutters and see how many you can make stand. They really are cute on a dessert table standing beside some cute cupcakes.
- Use 2 circles cut in half for the feet.
- Do not decorate the circles first.
- Attach them to the cat’s feet with icing and let them dry overnight.
- Make sure they are even on the bottom so they will stand straight when they are dry.
- Lay the cat cookies flat but, use a couple of extra feet to slip under the top of the cat so the icing will dry flat and not run off your cookie.
- Outline and flood the feet.
- Outline and flood the cat.
- While the icing is wet, add the sprinkle eyes and let it dry overnight.
Once the cat cookies are dry, use the AmeriColor Black Pen and make a line down each eye. Let it dry for a few minutes and repeat. Now stand them up and look at the good job you did! The kids are going to love these and I really don’t think they will scare anyone but, it is a good reminder not to go walking in the mountains alone at 3 am! I am SO glad it wasn’t a bear because bear cookies would not work as well for Halloween.
Here are a few more things to make with the kids for Halloween:
Frankenstein and the Bride of Frankenstein Cupcakes
3-D Spider Cookies
Chocolate Covered Homemade Marshmallows