I love to scare people but, I don’t like to be scared. One of the worst scares I have had in my life was by a cat. In the spirit of October when it is OK to scare people, I wanted to make Scard-E Cat Cookies as a reminder!
I was working really late one night at the camp office and I heard something outside. It was about 3 am and I thought it was someone from our staff but, when I went outside, I accidentally walked up on a bobcat! I scared it half to death and it scared me half to death! It jumped and ran one way and I jumped and ran the other way. I have NEVER been that scared before and hope I am never that scared again!
Black 15 Second Icing
Wilton Pearlized Sprinkles
Gourmet Writer Food Black Pen
Circle Cookies Cut in Half for Feet
I love making cookies that stand up and it is very simple to do. You make these like you did the Ant Cookies.
- Use 2 circles cut in half for the feet.
- Do not decorate the circles first.
- Attach them to the cat’s feet with icing and let them dry overnight.
- Make sure they are even on the bottom so they will stand straight when they are dry.
- Lay the cookies flat but, use a couple of extra feet to slip under the top of the cat so the icing will dry flat and not run off your cookie.
- Outline and flood the feet.
- Outline and flood the cat.
- While the icing is wet, add the sprinkle eyes and let it dry overnight.
Once the cats are dry, use the AmeriColor Black Pen and make a line down each eye. Let it dry for a few minutes and repeat. Now stand them up and look at the good job you did! The kids are going to love these and I really don’t think they will scare anyone but, it is a good reminder not to go walking in the mountains alone at 3 am! I am SO glad it wasn’t a bear because bear cookies would not work as well for Halloween.
Here are a few more things to make with the kids for Halloween:
Frankenstein and the Bride of Frankenstein Cupcakes