How to Make Cute Snowman Cookies that Need Help
Do you like snowmen? Do you like cookies? If you said yes then you will probably like these cute snowman cookies. Before you get too excited, these cute snowman cookies need your help because some assembly is required.
If you are looking for a fun set of Christmas cookies these cute snowman cookies are exactly what you need. It is simple, fun, cute and so easy to make you almost don’t need a tutorial! Well, I made a tutorial anyway!
Supplies for Cute Snowman Cookies that Needs Your Help:
Circle Cookie Cutter
Hat Cookie Cutter is about 3″ x 3″
Carrot Cookie Cutter The carrot size for this little guy is 3″ x 1 5/8″ from Whisked Away Cutters.
Mitten Cookie Cutter
Scarf Cookie Cutter or I used a Gingerbread Cookie Cutter (more on that later)
White Coarse Sugar
15 Second Icing in the following Colors:
- Light Green
- Sky Blue
Thick Green Icing in a piping bag with #366 leaf tip.
- Are you ready to build a snowman?
- Sometime last year I bought this set of cookie cutters from Wilton. The hat alone made me do it. It was just so darn cute I had to get it and add it to the other 701 snowman cookie cutters I have. If you can’t find that cutter, you can find a hat cutter here and here.
- To decorate them, just outline and flood the top of the hat and the brim with the black icing and let it dry overnight.
- Then, add the blue hatband and let it dry for several hours.
- Next, with the thick dark green icing and the #366 tip, pipe some holly leaves (you can make 2 or 3 holy leaves) and add some red berries.
- To make the snowman, outline, and flood three circle cookies.
- While the icing is wet, add the royal icing eyes to one circle and the three black buttons an another and leave the third circle plan.
- Then sprinkle all of them with the white sanding sugar. You need to work fast so the sugar will stick to your cute snowman cookies so you may want to work on one circle at a time.
- I really hope someone sees this post and makes a really cute scarf cookie cutter because I have been looking for one for a long time. Until that happens, I made one with a gingerbread man cookie cutter. With a little trim, you can have a scarf for the cute snowman cookies.
- Then, outline and flood the cookies with blue and let them dry for about 20 minutes.
- Next, outline the scarf and let it dry.
- To be completely honest here, I didn’t make this design with the intention of making the carrot nose have a mustache. I am not that smart! As I was taking pictures, I flipped the carrot around and started laughing. The green leaves of the carrot make a pretty interesting mustache don’t you think? So from now on some of my snowmen will be wearing a cute little green mustache!
- Outline and flood the carrot with the orange icing and sprinkle it with the sanding sugar. I just sprinkled the top and then changed my mind on what direction the nose was going to face. If I make them again, I would sprinkle the top where the green meets the orange but you can sprinkle the entire nose or totally skip this part if you want to.
- Then, add a few green lines with a dot at the top to make the mustache.
- I made a set of cookies like this way back in the day when I was a new cookie decorator and the idea of “Assembly Required” has always been one of my favorites so I had to make them again. Cute snowman cookies always make people happy so they make great gifts.
When I went to Wal-Mart yesterday, I found a cute little canister to place them in so now it makes a nice cookie gift. Once Christmas gets closer, I will pass out these cute snowman cookies like candy on Halloween. They are easy to make and we are giving people a reason to play with their food. What can be better than that?