Monsteriffic Valentine Cookies
Did you know that “You’re a Monsteriffic Valentine!” You are Monsteriffic and I am wild about you! I wanted to celebrate the love I feel for you by making some simple monster cookies to say, “Hey guys, I love you and thank you for hanging out with me each we as we make sweet treats and fun goodies!”
If you want to make some fun cookies your kiddos and friends will go ‘wild’ for, stick around and watch the ‘How to Video’ and you can see for yourself how simple it is to make these monsteriffic Valentine cookies.
Supplies for Monsteriffic Valentine Cookies:
Monster Cookie Cutters from Rolling Pin Prints
Sugar Cookie Recipe
Royal Icing Recipe
15 Second Royal Icing in a Decorating Bag Fitted with #2 Decorating Tips in the following Colors:
Pink and Blue Chco Maker Confetti Sugar Shapes – Decorette Sprinkles (I found them at my local Wal-Mart)
DIY Sprinkles in Yellow and Pink (any sprinkles will work)
Triangle Teeth for the blue monster-(To make the teeth, pipe some triangles with any color of royal icing you want onto a piece of wax paper. Let them dry completely and peal them off. Store them in an airtight container away from the sun until you are ready to use them.
Coffee Filter to catch the sprinkles so you can easily return them to the container.
All of these little monster cookies are made basically the same way and would be a perfect project to do with your kids. All you have to do is outline and flood each cookie, add eyes and sprinkles while the icing is wet, and give them toes or feet. Can’t you just see the kids adding the sprinkles! Just be sure to work fast after you flood the monster bodies because if the icing crusts over, the sprinkles won’t stick.
- Begin by outlining and flooding the top of the monster cookie with the yellow icing.
- While the icing is wet, add the candy eyes.
- Immediately add the yellow sprinkles and shake off the excess. If you don’t have DIY Sprinkles, any sprinkles will work. The Yellow Jimmies I shared in the Sprinkles 101 post would be really cute on this guy!
- Pipe two legs and feet with the yellow icing.
- Pipe the antenna for the eyes.
- Add the eyes while the icing is wet.
- Outline and flood the rest of the monster with the blue icing.
- Add the large eye and the triangle teeth while the icing is wet. If you don’t have triangle royal icing teeth, don’t worry about it. You don’t need it. If you really have your heart set on adding teeth, you can use different candy (like Tic Tacs) or cut some stick gum in to triangles. Big Red would look good against the blue sprinkles. That is the good thing about these cookies, almost anything will work.
- While the icing is wet, add the sprinkles and shake off the excess.
- Begin by making the pink antenna for the eyes.
- Add the candy eyes while the icing is wet.
- Pipe the mouth with the brown icing.
- Set the cookies aside for a few minutes and let the eyes and mouth dry before you add the pink royal icing.
- Once the eyes and mouth have dried for a few minutes, pipe the body with the pink royal icing.
- Sprinkle the little monster with the pink sprinkles and shake off the excess.
- Pipe the cute little monster toes and let the cookies dry before you stack or package them.
Like I said before, these cookies are so simple to make and no need to stress over anything. If you want teeth or a mouth, add it. If you don’t want them, don’t add them. If you want rainbow sprinkles, go for it. You can do almost anything to these cookies and they will look adorable!
Remember, I think “You’re Monsteriffic” and I love you for hanging out with me! Now go make some gorgeous, fun cookies! SMOOCH!
I’m loving these super cute Monsters! Awesome as always!
Have a great week!
Sweet! You make THE cutest cookies! Love these….and you, too. 🙂
Wishing you and your hubby a very happy Valentine’s Day.
Great video, what talent you have! So what kind of a mess does your kitchen get in or are you a very methodical person? I’m always in a shambles!
What adorable monster cookies, love the texture you gave them!!