Fox Face . . . You’re a Star!
I was very happy when Callye from Sweet Sugar Belle asked me to participate in a project with her. She wanted to show 20+ ways to make things from a star cutter. She asked several bloggers and cookie friends to participate. I told her I would love to play but, then I panicked!! What in the world should I make? Should I make something to fill the star shape or should I find something that is the shape of a star. What was I going to do??? My brain froze! I was like a deer caught in headlights! OH NO!! Think Lisa! THINK!!
Then I saw it! The answer was in the field near my goats, lamb, donkey, ducks, chicken, and llama! It was a fox! YES, YES, YES!!!! A fox has as face that is the shape of a star. I scared the fox away and broke out the flour and sugar and got to work!
I used 15 Second Icing for each color in this project.
Orange-ish Icing (See below for mixing info)
Darker Orange-ish (See below for mixing info)
I wanted to start with a template before I decorated these. I wanted them to look the same so I cut two patterns. The first is for the ear and it is a triangle. The second is the white part of the fox face. I used the star cutter to make a boomerang shape.
Then, I traced them onto the cookie.
For the orange-ish color, I used AmeriColors orange, burgundy and ivory. I just used a small amount of each color until I got the orange-ish color I wanted. I like this color a lot and already have plans to use it again!
Once you have your orange color the way you like it, outline and flood the face like I did in the above picture. Let Mr. Fox Face dry overnight.
Next, outline and immediately flood the white part of his face.
Then, add the white dots for the eyes. While the white is wet, add the black dots to the eyes.
You can also add a small white dot to the black part of the eyes for a twinkle effect if you want.
NOTE: If you are looking close to this photo of Mr. Fox Face, you will notice his eyes were added before the orange color. You can do it both ways but, I liked the big eyes on top of the face. It think he is cuter that way but, you do it anyway you want.
I uses black icing for the nose but, I wish I had a really big black candy thingy to make it nice and round and shiny! I have a thing for shiny things today! Can you tell? “Sparkly eyes” and a “shiny nose.” Maybe I just need to go buy some sugar pearls!
There you have it. Thank you Mr. Fox for running around the field showing me your cute little star shaped face or I might not have joined this project. And thank you for giving me and idea and not eating my chickens. You were very nice to me that day and I won’t chase after you with a broom screaming like a crazy person anymore.
Let the fun begin!!!
Are you ready for a real treat? Look at all the other wonderful things you can do with a star cookie cutter! The other bloggers and cookie friends came up with the most amazing, wonderful, beautiful, creative and just neato ideas! I am not going to get any work done today. I am going to spend all day visiting these creative blogs and cookie decorators Facebook and Flickr pages. Want to visit with me? The talent will BLOW YOUR MIND!!!!
- Strawberry Shortcake on a Stick, The Decorated Cookie
- Patriotic Lace Cookies , My Little Bakery
- Independence Day Parade Cookies, Jill FCS
- Old Fashioned 4th of July, Vicki’s Sweet Treats
- Light up the Fourth Cookies, The Partiologist
- Declaration of Independence Cookie, Vanilla Bean Baker
- Badge of Liberty Cookies, Lila Loa
- Red, White & Blue Star Cookie Towers, Bake at 350
- 4th of July Firecracker Cookies, Klickitat Street
- Star Cut-out Cookies, Glorious Treats
- Cookie “Pledge”, Lizy B Bakes
- Star-Shaped Krispie Treats, Cookies and Cups
- Easy Star Cupcake Toppers, Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
- Rustic 4th of July Galletes, Haniela’s
- Patriotic Cookie Wreath, Sweetopia
- Patriotic River Rafter, Ali-Bee’s Bake Shop
- Funny Fox Cookies, The Bearfoot Baker
- Quilted Cookie Stars, Cookie Crazie
- Gimme Your John Hancock Stars, Life’s a Batch
- Patriotic Cookie Stir Sticks, The Cookie Artisan
- Patriotic Floral Stars, SweetSugarBelle