I needed a simple Valentine’s cake and I needed it fast. I didn’t want to make it from scratch or go all crazy with the design so chose to make a simple Valentine’s Cake with a few red cookie pops. It doesn’t get more simple than this.
Don’t you think that simple is the way to go on things like this? I mean with all the Valentine’s Day cards to fill out and all the love you share everyday why not choose to make a simple Valentine’s cake from a box mix with a few cookie pops. It tastes great and everyone will think you spent all day making it. Only you will know how simple it was.
Supplies for Simple Valentine’s Cake:
I purchased my Cake Stand at T.J. Max but, I also found one on line here if you are interested in purchasing one. It is a fun stand because you can change the ribbon for any occasion.
- First, bake the hearts on a stick like I did here.
- Then, outline and flood like in this video. Let the cookies dry overnight.
- Now for the cake. I used 2 cakes that I baked in 8″ Fat Daddio’s Cake Pan. I had some batter left over for a few cupcakes.
- Once the cake is baked, crumb coat it like Melissa from My Cake School did in this video.
- I could have mixed up a batch of icing but, I remember, I needed this cake really fast so I used icing from a can and I am not ashamed to admit it! I worked beautifully. To get that rustic shabby chic feel for this cake, I kinda followed Melissa’s decorating tutorial here but, I made figure 8’s and random swirls in the frosting. If you follow her tutorial your cake will look amazing!
- Next, add the cookies.
I only see one problem with this cake. Three cookies will NEVER be enough!
That is why I made a few extra! I like the top picture with the cookie sticks showing but, when I added the extra cookies, it needed a little something so I added these wonderful paper straws. I am addicted to them! It took a simple stick and made the Valentin’e Cake perfect.
Remember, you don’t have to be chained to your stove all day to make something with lovely with LOVE!
Happy Valentine’s Day!