How to Make Simple Crab Cookies
Have you seenSugarbelle’s Animal Shape Shifters Set yet? If not, you need to go check it out because it has some really great cookie cutters. It also comes with templates and cards that tell you how to decorate them. I followed the directions so I could make the crab cookies to look just like hers and man oh man was it easy! Add a few starfish cookies and you’ve got yourself a fun easy set of cookies that you’ll love.
Look at all those amazing shapes! I can’t wait to shift them into something else. I’ve seen so many great tutorials and ideas on Facebook and Instagram. You all are so creative and I can’t wait to get started! Thanks for the inspiration!
Supply List for Crab Cookies:
(may contain affiliate links)
Crab Cookie Cutter- Sugarbelle’s Animal Shape Shifters Cookie Cutter from this set Flour Box Bakery or Craft Direct.
Starfish Cookie Cutter – Here is one at Ann Clark, but it’s not identical to the one used in this tutorial. The one I used in this tutorial came from Karen’s Cookies but they’re closed now. If anyone knows where to buy one like it please let me know and I’ll add it to the link. Thanks!
Goldish Brown-AmeriColor Lemon Yellow, Gold and a small amount of Chocolate Brown
I made my own and I had fun doing it. I just grabbed some sprinkles that looked like I thought would be the color of a crab and mixed them together. Then after the starfish is flooded, add the sprinkles. It’s that easy.
- Use a food-safe marker to trace the pattern on the cookie.
- Outline the claws with the red royal icing.
- Outline the shell with white royal icing.
- Flood the claws with the red royal icing.
- Flood the shell with the white royal icing.
- While the white icing is wet, add the goldish brown and let the cookies dry completely.
- Next, pipe the head on the crab and let it dry.
- Add the small candy eyes.
- Outline the starfish with the goldish brown royal icing.
- Flood it.
- While the icing is wet, add the candy eyes.
- Immediately sprinkle them with the sprinkles. You can purchase custom sprinkles or you can make your own. I personally enjoyed making these but I also have some I’ve bought. It’s up to you so do what makes you happy.
- Let the starfish dry and enjoy!
How to Make Crab Cookies Video:
This video has the crab and the starfish tutorials so I hope you enjoy them both!
Sugarbelle’s Animal Shape Shifters Set is wonderful! It has so many cutters you can shift into different things. It’s not just cookie cutters, it’d like food for your mind. It’ll make your head spin so be careful and have a notebook and a pencil ready so you won’t forget the creative things you come up with.