Little Monster Cookies (Part 2) Mummy and Dracula
Yesterday I shared how to make little monster cookies by using the eight cookie cutter. I only showed how you make Frankenstein and his bride so today, I wanted to show you how to make Dracula and the Mummy.
I think it’s a little funny when I make cookies thinking I know what my favorite one will be. I really liked the Bride of Frankenstein and had her picked as the cutest one in this set. As I made them, the mummy quickly stole my heart. There is something about his big eyes and no mouth that I couldn’t stop looking at. I think he is a cutie.
Supplies for Mummy Little Monster Cookies:
(may contain affiliate links)
- To make Mr. Mummy, outline the cookie with white icing and a #2 piping tip.
- Then, add the lines to mimic the bandages beginning with the eyes.
- Add another set of lines for the bandages above and below the eyes.
- Add a semi-vertical bandage at the top and the bottom wherever you feel comfortable.
- Once you have your lines made, flood every other section with white and let it dry for a little while. Don’t fill the eye section yet.
- Once the first flooded bandages have dried for a while, flood the rest of them and let them dry completely.
- Begin airbrushing in the creases of the bandages. Hold the airbrush gun close to the cookie and apply light pressure to the trigger.
- Add airbrush color to each line.
- Airbrush the outer edge with the brown.
- Next, pipe the eye area with the black icing and a #2 tip.
- While the black icing is still wet, add the royal icing eyes.
- Let it dry overnight.
Supplies for Dracula Little Monster Cookies:
My photo looks a little weird because the flooded face looks shaded and it isn’t. I don’t know what I did but, will you pretend it is all the same color? Thanks! I knew you would understand.
- With the flesh-colored icing and #2 piping tip, outline Dracula’s head. To make his signature hairline, pipe a lowercase “m” and then continue around the rest of the face.
- Flood it and let it dry for about a while before you airbrush it. Some people airbrush wet icing but, I prefer to wait until it dries so the icing doesn’t move while being sprayed.
Airbrush the edge of the face with warm brown AmeriColor by holding the airbrush gun about half an inch away from the cookie and lightly pulling the trigger. Let this dry overnight.
- Outline and flood the hair with the black icing and a #2 piping tip.
- Add the royal icing eye transfers or if you don’t have RI eyes, pipe 2 dots of white and add 2 black beads.
- Paint the mouth, fangs, nose, and eyebrows with the black food gel colors and the script liner paint brush.
- Pipe the fangs with the white icing.
- Let it dry completely.
I told you that the mummy is my favorite and now I want to know which one is your favorite little monster. If you want cookies and Halloween cupcakes for your monster bash, you should make these Frankenstein and His Bride Cupcakes, Dracula Cupcakes, or pumpkin patch and jack-o-lantern cupcakes.
I hope you didn’t miss Part 1 of the Little Monster Cookies because it has a step-by-step tutorial for Frankenstine and his Bride. Don’t worry if you missed it because you can see it here.